Taking care of chamfer skirting boards is essential to maintain their appearance and prolong their lifespan. These decorative trim pieces can add elegance and sophistication to any room but require regular maintenance to keep them looking their best.
The unique feature of chamfered mdf skirting makes them the choice of young people; the best thing is the low maintenance and cost that a person has to pay. Still, there are some common tips that a person can keep in mind while using skirting boards for good durability.
- Dusting: Use a soft, dry cloth or a feather duster to remove dust and debris from the skirting boards. Regular dusting helps prevent the buildup of dirt and grime.
- Vacuuming: Attach a soft brush attachment to your vacuum cleaner and gently run it along the skirting boards to remove any loose dirt or dust.
- Spot cleaning: Mix a mild detergent or dish soap with warm water for stubborn stains or marks. Dampen a soft cloth or sponge in the solution and gently clean the affected area. Remember to dry the skirting boards thoroughly afterward to prevent moisture damage.
Avoid Excessive Moisture
- Moisture can warp or damage the skirting boards. Avoid using excessive water or liquid cleaners directly on the boards.
- If you need to clean a particularly stubborn stain, dampen a cloth or sponge with the cleaning solution and wring it out well. Gently dab the stained area and dry it immediately afterward.
- Be cautious when mopping or cleaning the floor near the skirting boards to avoid excessive water seeping into the wood or causing damage.
Prevent Scratches And Dents
- Be careful while moving furniture or other objects near the skirting boards to avoid scratching or denting them. Lift and place objects rather than dragging them across the floor.
- Consider using furniture pads or felt protectors under the legs of chairs, tables, and other heavy furniture to prevent them from scratching the skirting boards.
Avoid Direct Sunlight
Prolonged exposure to direct sunlight can cause the chamfered mdf skirting to fade or discolor. Consider using curtains, blinds, or window films to block or filter the sunlight and protect the boards.
Maintain A Consistent Indoor Climate
- Extreme fluctuations in temperature and humidity can cause the skirting boards to expand or contract, leading to warping or cracking. Maintain a consistent indoor climate using heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems.
- Avoid exposing the skirting boards to excessive humidity, such as in bathrooms or near sources of moisture. Consider using a dehumidifier in areas prone to high humidity levels.
Regular Inspections And Touch-Ups
Periodically check the skirting boards for wear or damage, especially in high-traffic areas. Touch up any scratches or dents with matching paint or wood stain to maintain a seamless appearance.
Remember, the care and maintenance of chamfer skirting boards are crucial for preserving their beauty and ensuring their longevity. By following these guidelines and implementing regular cleaning and inspections, you can enjoy the elegant charm of your skirting boards for years to come. Even here, what you can do is consult with expert people who will help in the timely cleaning of the boards.